Install: Using Microsoft Edge
Other Browser Installation How-To's
To install the Captisium Universal File Handler Client-Side Application using Microsoft Edge, you may need to do the following:
1. Navigate to the Download Page (Pictured above)
The client-side application requires .Net Framework 4.7, if you don't have this installed, you need to click the "Install" button, otherwise, you may continue.
2. From the Download Page, select the launch link to commence the download.
3. Click the "Open" button. (Pictured above)
IMPORTANT: If you don't have a file association with the .application file extension, you will need to select Microsoft Edge from the pop-up that will be displayed, and click the "OK" button.
The download will commence using the Microsoft ClickOnce installer. (Pictured above)
6. Once the installer has completed the download, the Security Warning dialog will be displayed. Click the "Install" button to continue the installation. (Pictured above) Whenever you are installing new software, pay attention to the name of the application and the publisher, in this case, we are GDPR Forensic Limited.
The Captisium Universal File Handler Client-Side application will begin downloading and installing for you. Once the download and installation are complete, the application will launch to display the Captisium Universal File Handler Client-Side application. (Pictured above)
Users with Windows 10 and SmartScreen enabled will need to do these things:
7. Click the "More Info" link. (Pictured above) SmartScreen will be displayed if you have it enabled on your PC. You only need to approve the application once.
8. Click the "Run anyway" button. (Pictured above) this is required to allow your PC to run the Captisium Universal File Handler client-side application.
7. To begin your configuration, click the "Settings" button. (Pictured above) This will display some simple settings that you can configure to suit your needs.
8. Click the "Update Password" button. (Pictured above) The application requires that you provide your credentials, so the client-side application can download and upload files that you change using your desktop applications from SharePoint Online, Onedrive for business and Teams.
9. Click the "Quit & Exit" button. (Pictured above) This will close your Captisium Universal File Handler client-side application.